The time is close to send in your application for the Poway Center for the Performing Arts Exhibit "Shades of Passion".
Attached is the Artist Call, calendar and entry form. All photos can be sent with your entry form. Entries are due August. 20th.
Any questions or concerns feel free to call me.
SAQA Artists Call:
Regional Showcase October 2014
Shades of Passion
We are delighted to announce the SAQA So Cal/So Nevada Regional Exhibit Shades of Passion! This wonderful exhibit will be featured at the Poway Center for the Performing Arts (PCPA) during the month of October 2014. PCPA is a beautiful facility located in North San Diego County. Its grand lobby has a spectacular staircase that leads to the second level. Our Shades of Passion exhibit will grace the circular walls of both the lobby and second level floors.
What is your passion? Do you paint, felt, appliqué, use photos or other embellishment on your art? Your Shades of Passion submittal should show what inspires you to create textile art. It might be a fond memory, a favorite person, place, color or thing.
We're asking regional SAQA members to submit up to three (3) Quilt arts pieces per the following criteria:
- Work must have been completed in the last three (3) years
- Quilt dimensions shall be a minimum of 15” to a maximum of 42" wide and a minimum of 15” to a maximum 80" in height Due Date for submittal applications is August 20, 2014
- Please submit: application, 1 jpeg overall photo showing edges and 1 jpeg detail photo for each entry Due Date for delivery of quilt piece(s) is September 22, 2014
- Entry fee is $30 for up to three quilts.
- Quilts will be offered for Sale and the interested party will be asked to contact the artist directly. 15% of each sale is due and payable to Poway Center.
- Quilt art pieces must be three layers: top, back and batting.
- Sleeves with slats must be included. We recommend all pieces be sent via shipping tube. Should you require your quilt to be shipped to you in return, please include a prepaid return shipping label with your entry.
- We hope to hang at least one work from each member that submits.
Artwork for the show will be reviewed by a selection committee consisting of Kathleen McCabe and Ann Turley.
If you have questions, please contact me. We're looking forward to your submittals.
Mary Tabar, Curator
SAQA Artist Call:
Regional Showcase October 2014, "Shades of Passion"
Quilt Artist's Name_____________________________
Year Completed________ Insurance Amount $___________
W x H______________________________ For Sale Price $ __________ NFS _______
Artist’s Statement ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SALE OF ARTWORK- Poway Center for the Performing Arts requires all artists to pay 15% of gross revenue to the City Of Poway.