Friday, October 9, 2009

A Note from Connie Rohman

To all Southern California SAQA members:
I wanted to let you know that I am resigning as SAQA Co-Rep for Southern California. I’ve had a couple of big changes in my life in the last year, and I’m finding it difficult to fill my responsibilities as co-rep.
Jamie has actually been doing 100% of the work for some time now: and what a great job she’s been doing too! The blog is stupendous, and she’s always thinking of ways to make our SAQA group grow and be connected. She’s the best Co-Rep ever, but she needs someone who can step up and help her get things done. Which means not only a new co-rep, but all the rest of us volunteering to help out. I definitely want to continue doing whatever I can.
So here’s the reason I’m leaving: my father-in-law was diagnosed with Alzeheimers a year ago and I’ve been dealing with the ramifications of all that. Also, with two kids in college, I needed to go back to work full time to bring in some cash.
Being involved in SAQA as Co-Rep has been a lot of fun. I’ll continue to be as much a part of things as I can, and am looking forward to seeing you all at upcoming SAQA events. Speaking of which, I’m on my way to Houston next week. Maybe I’ll see you there!
Connie
crohman1@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Cindy Cooksey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Having gone through Alzheimer's with my mom, I understand how time-consuming and draining it can be. I will keep you in my thoughts. Best of luck to you, Connie.